top of page

Recreational Vehicle  Insurance

Motorcycle, Tricycle, Snowmobile, RV(motor home), 5th Wheel Trailer, ATV, UTV, RV Trailer, Utility Trailer, Horse Trailer, and many others! 


Liability insurance is required by law on all motorcycles and RV's, but your other toys and recreational vehicles are optional.


Does that mean you shouldn’t have or don’t need it?


And what are your choices?


Insurance terms can sometimes be confusing, here is a breakdown of the options available and what they mean:




This is the amount your insurer will pay to another person when an accident is deemed to be “your fault.” Coverage is for both property damage, and bodily injury. Liability coverage does not pay for any damage done to your own vehicle. Note that any costs which may exceed your chosen coverage limits, are your responsibility.

In many states, minimum liability limits for bodily injury are inadequate for injuries after a bad crash and injury amounts could easily exceed the state minimum amount. It is always better to have higher limits.

Medical Payments:


This coverage is generally used to pay for medical costs after you are hurt in an accident, regardless of who is found at fault for the accident.  Additionally, medical payments insurance may help pay for funeral expenses or injuries sustained by your passengers.


Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist:


Coverage that’s intended to spare you from having to pay out your own money for medical bills, in the case of crashes you didn’t cause, when someone is not insured or doesn’t have enough insurance to cover injuries they cause you or your passengers in a wreck is known as UM/UIM.


Roughly 13% of drivers nationwide — or about 1 in 8 — drive uninsured, according to the Insurance Research Council.



Also known as Other Than Collision, comprehensive coverage is designed to pay for the costs to your vehicle in cases of natural causes, falling objects, vandalism, and even theft!


There is generally a deductible that must first be paid in order to use this.




If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle or object, that’s where this coverage comes in. Your insurance company will repair or replace your damaged vehicle. A single-car accident that involves falling or rolling over would also be covered under collision.


One thing to consider is how much it would cost to repair or replace your vehicle if it were damaged or destroyed in an accident. If you couldn't afford to fix it or buy a new one after a wreck, purchasing collision coverage could give you some peace of mind.


Roadside Assistance:


I’m sure we’ve all had some point where you’re away from home and something happens to your vehicle. Roadside assistance offers additional coverage for towing, battery service, flat tire service, fuel delivery, and lockout service.

Personal Property:

Your personal property like camping gear, fishing gear, clothing, guns, etc. is covered on a home or renters policy when away from your home, but deductibles for filing a claim are most likely going to be higher.  Keep in mind that your recreational vehicle policy should have a way to cover that property with a lower deductible.  Contact your agent or insurance company to find out. 


So sure, coverage may not be required on some of these items, but is it worth it? In the case of an accident, are you capable of paying all damages yourself? If you’re unsure about anything, just Contact Us or Request a Quote. Our staff is always happy to help!

bottom of page